An in ground swimming pool is the perfect choice for the back yard of your house. Swimming pools are regarded as the ideal and the most relaxing pastime and sport for the people of all age groups. Among all the types of swimming pools, vinyl liner in ground swimming pools are regarded as the least expensive in ground pool option and therefore it is very much in demand.
Although, it is a perfect choice for many people, there are some important features you need to know for the vinyl liner in ground swimming pools before selecting this style of pool.
It is a custom made sheet of vinyl between water and the pool structure. The liners lock into the top of the pool wall into a piece of metal called coping. In this type of in ground pool, the underneath floor is lined by sand or cement-like floor (vermiculite) that eventually comes up to meet the walls of the pool. The walls are made up of sections of panels of galvanized steel or thermoplastic and they together makes the perimeter of the pool. The pools are also available in beautiful array of designs and colors.
Prior to installing vinyl liners in your yard, you should check out the advantages and drawbacks, so that it becomes easier for you to choose the type of in ground pool.
• Vinyl liner in ground pools have the lowest initial cost among the three types of in ground pools.
• The vinyl material is smooth to the touch and is flexible and cannot crack like a concrete pool. The material used is also comparatively non-porous so that it can inhibit algae growth.
• Vinyl liner in ground pools have no limitation of the length, width and depth of the pools.
• Vinyl liner in ground swimming pools are supposed to be handled with care and should be restricted from dogs, kids throwing stuff, tree limbs and other things. The liner is 20-30mil thick; therefore if one gets damaged then that costs a lot of money.
• The buyer should read the printed manufactured warranty, which generally has a 20 year pro-rated warranty.
• Though the vinyl liner in ground pool is initially inexpensive, but it possess higher lifetime costs. On an average, the vinyl liner lasts between 7 and 15 years at a replacement expense of $2,500-$3,500 plus the cost of water.
• The vinyl liners have lower resale value, if it is more than 3-4 years old.
The secret behind the lower cost of vinyl liner in ground swimming pool is that, the cost material used for vinyl liner are cheap. In order to install, a basic medium sized vinyl liner pool without patio, you are expected to spend $20,000-$30,000. Later on if you want to decorate your pool along with the heaters, covers, decking and other accessories then the expenditure will increase in the natural manner.